Sunday October 26, 2014 at 6:00 PM PDT
Thursday October 30, 2014 at 11:00 AM PDTAdd to Calendar
Strawberry Creek Inn Bed & Breakfast26370 Highway 243
Idyllwild, CA 92549 Driving Directions
Amy Friedman (Instructor)
Strawberry Creek Inn (venue)
- Standard Room: $1,079.04
- Courtyard Room: $1,255.04
- Deluxe Room: $1,299.04
- Cottage: $1,693.44
- Day Student: $725 (meals included)
(Includes all applicable taxes
A Highly Specialized Writing Retreat
You've labored for months--or years--and you've finally produced (or almost produced) enough material for a first (or second, or third) draft. Now what? This intense, hands-on, working retreat will answer that question and give you everything you need to move forward towards a publishable manuscript.
This Retreat is for you if:
- You have a draft of a book (or a good portion of one).
- You're seeking a roadmap for future drafts and publication.
- You're inspired by beautiful surroundings and a combination of solitude, community and expert guidance.
- Hands-on instruction, workshopping, individual consultation, and time alone in inspiring and nurturing surroundings.
- Pre-retreat assignments designed to bring you to a closer understanding of what you've written and what you envision for the finished product.
- A short excerpt from your manuscript read by Amy prior to the retreat. This will ensure that workshop sessions and individual consulations are tailored to your work.
- Single-occupancy lodging in a charming, individually decorated room, in the beautiful mountain town of Idyllwild, California.
- A full gourmet breakfast each morning.
- A unique literary-themed dinner each evening.
You'll Walk Away With:
- A roadmap for your next draft(s)
- A working schedule and tools to use along the way
- Avenues for publication
About the Instructor:
Amy Friedman is the author of three memoirs, six books for children, innumerable stories, articles and essays, and the internationally syndicated newspaper feature Tell Me a Story.
A long-time teacher, Amy received her M.A. from City College, New York and has been teaching for more than 25 years. She currently teaches memoir and personal essay at UCLA Extension, The Skirball Cultural Arts Center, PEN in the Classroom, and Idyllwild School of the Arts Summer Program.
Amy is also a co-author, ghost-writer, and editor. Her co-authored memoir with Anne Willan, One Soufflé at a Time: A Memoir of Food and France, was named Best Literary Food Writing by the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP).
Amy and her memoir, Desperado's Wife, were featured on the Katie Couric show. Click here to see the interview.
"Like an urban gardener, clearing off needles and broken bottles from rich soil, Amy Friedman finds the story behind the story. As an editor, she has the rare ability to nurture, clarify, and enhance the creative process in others, without letting her experience drown out still burgeoning voices. Amy is there from bud to blossom." ~Lauren Marks, author, A Stitch of Time: Portrait of a Mind in Constructionand PEN USA Emerging Voices Fellow 2011