6th Annual EnviroFest "6 Degrees of Sustainability"
EnviroFest is designed to raise awareness among students, faculty and staff around the topics of sustainability and environmental engagement. Members of the campus community will gather to participate in workshops and hear presentations from faculty, students, and environmental leaders in the Baltimore / Maryland area.
This year’s conference theme is “6 Degrees of Sustainability”. We would like the workshops to focus on at least one of our 6 degrees. The degrees are:
- In the Home: A look at what individuals can do at home and in their personal life to increase their sustainability
- In Business: A look how businesses are going green and how we can work towards a green economy
- In the Community: How do we achieve sustainability at the neighborhood, city, state or global?
- In Health Care: Where does sustainability intersect with our health? How does living “sustainably” or “unsustainably” impact our health, and what role can our healthcare providers play in shifting toward sustainability?
- In Politics: The role of politics in moving our society toward sustainability. What are the hot topics right now and what still needs to be addressed? What are the political mechanisms for sustainable change?
- In College & Education: Role of educators and education institutions in the sustainability movement. How is sustainability being integrated, expanded, and achieved in education?
Schedule & information can be found at towson.edu/EnviroFest