Parallel Programming and Optimization with
Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessors
Developer Training Event
West Lafayette, IN
Event Details: CDT 102
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
Registration Begins: 8:30 AM
Presentation: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Lunch will be provided
Stewart Center Room 202 (STEW 202)
128 Memorial Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Click here to see where
Parking: Available at Grant Street Parking Garage
*Please bring your own laptop to the CDT 102 training, below is a list of the necessary specifications:
- Windows (XP or newer), Mac OS X (10.5 or later), or Linux (something from the 21st century)
- Wired (Ethernet) and wireless (Wi-Fi 802.11g or later) network connectivity
- Web Browser (any)
- On Windows: Putty and Pageant (www.putty.org) and WinSCP (www.winscp.net)
- On Mac OS X and Linux: ssh client
- Optional: on all operating systems, the free software NoMachine (www.nomachine.com). This is only necessary if you are not comfortable programming in Linux in a text terminal over an SSH connection. System requirements and installation instructions for NoMachine can be found here.
Space is limited ... register early!
This one-day labs course features hands-on exercises on the available programming models and best optimization practices for the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor and Intel Xeon processor, and on the usage of the Intel software development and diagnostic tools.
The session will cover:
Course abstract can be found here.
- Intel Xeon Phi architecture: purpose, organization, pre-requisites for good performance, future technology
- Programming models: native, offload, heterogeneous clustering
- Parallel frameworks: automatic vectorization, OpenMP, MPI
- Optimization methods: general, scalar math, vectorization, multithreading, memory access, communication and special topics
Is the class full??
Please sign-up for the wait list by clicking here. If a seat opens up you will be notified via email.