Spring Break at the Banff Centre:
Family Philanthropy Retreat
Kick off your spring break with a family weekend at the Banff Centre!
March 11th to 13th, 2016.
An inspirational, eye-opening weekend for families and their children (16 yrs+) exploring areas of social change, philanthropy, and family legacy in the majestic Rocky Mountains. Included in this weekend is a "behind-the-scenes" tour of the Banff Centre.
- Writing your family mission statement
- Creating your family giving plan
- The business of, and trends in, philanthropy
- Articulating your personal and family legacy
- Working with your Advisor(s) around social capital and philanthropy management
- Donating non-cash assets
- Social Impact Investing and Philanthropy
- Evaluating charities
- Age-appropriate philanthropy activities for families
- Behind the Scenes tour of the Banff Centre
- Community art project with Artist in Residence
- Developing your giving plan
- Writing your family mission and social vision documents
- Tapping into the unique surroundings of the Banff Centre
- Welcome reception; Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday; Lunch on Saturday
About the Banff Centre:
The Banff Centre is a UNESCO heritage site nestled on the top of Tunnel Mountain in Banff, Alberta. A group of rooms have been put aside for participants ranging from $120-$145/night (Canadian) + tax. Please make you own bookings by connecting directly with the Banff Centre - (403) 762-6100 or www.banffcentre.ca