How to Make and Keep Friends: Practical Tools to Help Your Child Build Social Skills & Develop Lasting Friendships
Wed, March 16, at 7pm at Natick High School Sponsored by Natick SEPAC & SPARK Kindness
Donna Shea and Nadine Briggs, friendship experts and social coaches, offer tools to help your child achieve social success. Topics to be discussed include:
- Exploring the barriers to friendships and how adults can help overcome those barriers
- Building your child’s problem-solving skills so he/she can deal with social challenges
- Fostering your child’s positive social skills and interactions at school
- Learning the language to teach kids how to interact more positively while encouraging perspective taking
- Helping your child stick up for him or herself
- Creating social opportunity for your child
- Importance and benefit of your child having a broad scope of friendships
Drawing on their own personal experience as social coaches, Nadine and Donna provide easy to implement and actionable tips that assist children in attaining, maintaining and sustaining improved social skills and true and lasting friendships.
Nadine and Donna are able to provide certificates of attendance to professionals who attend. They will also have their books available for purchase.
About the Presenters
Donna Shea and Nadine Briggs are friendship experts and social coaches who own and operate social education centers in Massachusetts. Nadine and Donna have teamed up to create How to Make and Keep Friends LLC, a resource to support the social success of children. Donna and Nadine consult to schools, parent groups, and human service agencies. Donna and Nadine are certified in bullying prevention through the Massachusetts Aggression Reduction Center and are creators of the How to Make & Keep Friends Social Success in School Bullying Prevention Program to provide classroom training and team building for schools systems. You can find them at HowtoMakeandKeepFriends.com.