Parent/Teen Safe Driving Presentation on August 12
This 90-minute presentation will satisfy the Virginia-State Mandated Parent/Teen Educational requirement for the driver-education certification process. All are welcome...but you must register! This informative session, taught by an I Drive Smart State-Certified Driver-Education Instructor, emphasizes parental responsibilites regarding juvenile-driver behavior, juvenile-driving restrictions pursuant to Virginia Code, and the dangers of driving while intoxicated and underage consumption of alcohol as required by Virginia Code 22.1-205(A). Virginia law requires students under the age of 18 in Planning District 8 (i.e., the counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudon, and Prince William and the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas, and Manassas Park), along with a parent or guardian, to participate in this 90-minute driver-education component as part of the in-classroom portion of the driver-education curriculum, as defined by the Virginia Code 22.1-205 (A). You are welcome to attend this informative presentation even if you are not a resident of one of these areas (or even if from out of state).
- Each attendee must be registered along with his or her parent/guardian.
- There is no cost for the training.
- All students are welcome. You do not need to be a current or former I Drive Smart student in order to attend. This is part of our commitment to the community in preaching safe teen decision making and behavior!
- All attendees should bring with them their registration tickets.
- Attendees will not receive any documentation of attendance at the seminar. If a student who is not a client of I Drive Smart wishes for us to provide documentation of attendance (DTS-90), we will provide this after the event for a processing fee of $20. You must contact our office at 855-437-2677 during business hours to process this request and payment.
- Once completed, parents/guardians will be able to lawfully sign the issued Driver Training Certificate, indicating successful completion of this required training. If you are an I Drive Smart student, by signing the Required Virginia Contract that is included in your User Account, you have already completed the official documentation for the Department of Motor Vehicles, confirming your attendance to this training [please see your user account].