The Women's Resource Center cordially invites its members to the Holiday Gathering on Monday, December 12, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the Captain White House in Graham. While the Holiday Gathering is for Members Only, the center encourages you to bring a friend who would like to become a WRC member. Past members are welcome to renew their memberships at the event!
You can look forward to enjoying a glass of wine, snacking on hors d'oeuvres and spending time with friends while getting in the holiday spirit. Festivities include our annual ornament exchange and cookie swap. Both of these events are optional, so you are welcome to opt-out and do some great shopping in Picasso's Gift Shop and the house itself! You'll find both fully stocked with beautiful and unique gifts created by local and national artisans. We feel the highlight of the evening will be our raffle. This year we will have three unique gifts. A beautiful, decorated Norfolk Island Pine to take home to enjoy throughout the holiday season. A unique local piece of pottery from Alamance Arts or you can help a child adopt a beautiful porcelin doll for their very own. You may purchase your raffle tickets in advance, or we'll have them available for sale that evening. Tickets will be $3.00 each or two for $5.00
If you would like to join the ornament exchange and/or the cookie swap, you will need to check out these rules:
1. Bring a wrapped ornament.
2. All the ornaments will be placed on a table.
1. Bake 48 homemade cookies or candies.
2. Twelve cookies go onto the table for the Holiday Gathering. Please bring cookies on a plate between 5:45-6:00.
3. Put 36 cookies into 6 decorative bags or boxes of 6 cookies each for the cookie exhange.
4. Attach a legible recipe card to each bag. Be sure to include the name of your sweet!
Click Register Now! below to join the party!