Carroll Financial Associates, Inc.
4201 Congress St Suite 210, Charlotte, NC 28209
6 Contact hours available
Math in the Real World-for Middle and HS Math Teachers
A Program of the NCCEE
Facilitated by Mary Richards, Veteran High School Math Teacher
What is included?
- A light breakfast and lunch will be provided
- All participants receive VE 4.5 valued at $160
- Pedagogy featuring math through the lens of personal finance and featuring lessons on Compound Interest, Tax Math, Credit Card Interest and Fixed Payments, the Math of Saving and Earning Credit
- Introduction to the SMG Program including Math Behind the Market Curriculum and instructions on how to incorporate the program into your math classes at no cost
- A Certificate for 6 hours of continuing education in math and financial literacy
- Teachers from Title 1 schools may have their substitute teacher pay reimbursed
Read what other teachers said about NCCEE workshops:
- "Best workshop I have ever attended. You guys really rocked it!"
- "It was so great to be treated like a professional!"
- "The hands-on activities make the day go by quickly and provide excellent opportunity for collaboration."
This workshop and the accompanying materials are made available to teachers through the generous support of State Farm and the Council for Economic Education. Additional funding was provided by the SIFMA Foundation for Investor Education. Special thanks to Carroll Financial for hosting this workshop.