Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre
604-709-5661 EXT 221
Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre 2772 East Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5M 1Y8 Driving Directions
Philosophies and Theories of Early Care and Learning
Saturday February 25, 2017
Time: 10:30 am – 3:00 pm 4 hours training
Fee: $65.00 FCC Fee: $50.00 (Promo Code)
Theories about how children grow and learn influence both education and child care. Studying and understanding the historical foundations of past practitioners and theorists in this field will help us implement current methods and theory more effectively, understand our connections to the past, provide inspiration for our work and a sense of pride in our roles as co-creators of an active curriculum. Today’s practitioners will be tomorrow’s leaders and the future historical figures in the field. During this workshop participants will research, analyse and compare four education philosophies: Waldorf, Reggio, Fröebel and Montessori.
- To research and investigate 4 philosophies of education utilizing resources from the Westcoast Early Learning Library.
- To discuss, analyse and compare differences and similarities amongst these philosophies.
- To present the findings of their research to the group.
- To reflect on how quality relates to our current practice, methods and theory.
Suitable for all early learning child care professionals working with children of any age.
Presenter: Nora Mejia. B.Ed. & ECE. Nora is Westcoast’s Child Care Resource Centre Diversity Trainer and Training Program Coordinator. She plans, prepares and delivers professional development opportunities, workshops and courses for early learning and child care professionals, family child care providers and parents on a wide range of topics related to healthy child development and anti-bias education for young children. Nora has enjoyed working with children and their families in a variety of settings for over 25 years.
Registration starts: November 1, 2016
- Bring a bag lunch (1/2 hour lunch)
- Bring your (WELL) Westcoast Early Learning Library Card.
Please mark this date on your calendar, as we will not send a reminder.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop or course starts.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop or course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- By submitting this online participants declare they have read, understood and agree with this policy.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to check if certificates of participation will be accepted by the ECE Registry. http://www.mcf.gov.bc.ca/childcare/ece/ phone 1-888-338-6622 email email@example.com
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, call us before registering.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need a Promo Code received by email to register. Be sure to use this Promo Code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed.
- Seats are limited. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
- Mark dates on your calendar. We will not send reminders.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
- Latecomers who arrive after 15 minutes may not be admitted and will not receive a certificate.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop time. Please make child care arrangements.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop date.
- These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- Westcoast encourages a scent free environment.
Note: If the workshop is full, you can phone us to be placed on the wait list.