Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre
604-709-5661 EXT 221
Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre 2772 East Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5M 1Y8 Driving Directions
Social Media and Photographs in Child Care Programs
Wednesday March 1, 2017
Time: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm 3 hours training
Fee: $50.00 FCC Fee: $35.00 (Promo Code)
Social media is an effective tool for advertising and communicating about your child care program. As we share photographs about the children’s learning environment, projects and daily experiences, these sites become an extension of our programs. It is important to pay attention to how and what we share in order to ensure we respect and protect the privacy of children, staff, families and anyone associated with our program. Come and explore the proper use of social media, photographs for educational purposes and advertising; copyright and photo consents.
- To explore and discuss the proper use of social media for a child care program.
- To learn how to use photographs for educational purposes and advertising.
- To examine what is copyright and the purpose of photo consent/release.
Suitable for parents, instructors/administrators and all early learning child care professionals working with children of any age, including children with extra support needs.
Presenter: Alberto M. LeGresley. Alberto is an instructor certified by the Ministry of Advanced Education and has been a freelance photographer for over 20 years. He is an International Award winning Graphic Designer for his photography and design work. He has been a teacher in Seoul, South Korea and has taught Design and Photography in Vancouver. Alberto’s classes are practical; designed to inspire participants to explore their creativity.
Registration starts: November 1, 2016
Please mark this date on your calendar, as we will not send a reminder.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop or course starts.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop or course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- By submitting this online participants declare they have read, understood and agree with this policy.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to check if certificates of participation will be accepted by the ECE Registry. http://www.mcf.gov.bc.ca/childcare/ece/ phone 1-888-338-6622 email email@example.com
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, call us before registering.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need a Promo Code received by email to register. Be sure to use this Promo Code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed.
- Seats are limited. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
- Mark dates on your calendar. We will not send reminders.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
- Latecomers who arrive after 15 minutes may not be admitted and will not receive a certificate.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop time. Please make child care arrangements.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop date.
- These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- Westcoast encourages a scent free environment.
Note: If the workshop is full, you can phone us to be placed on the wait list.