Making Authentic Inquiry Work:
A Spring Institute for Educators
Learning for a Sustainable Future and Natural Curiosity are again partnering to facilitate this very popular 2 -day PD experience.
Throughout the two days, we will walk the talk and model inquiry methodology.
Who should attend?
Outcomes—through their participation, educators will:
- Teachers of all grades (ECE - Grade 12) who wish to explore how authentic inquiry is being applied to address curriculum expectations
- School administrators and system leaders who wish to support transformative inquiry-based learning for engaged citizenship.
- Receive copies of Natural Curiosity (www.naturalcuriosity.ca/) and Connecting the Dots (www.lsf-lst.ca/dots) and gain perspectives on applying inquiry.
- Identify and begin to address their individual questions, issues and challenges relevant to applying inquiry in their professional practice
- Experience professional inquiry methods that can in turn be applied with students
- Investigate collaborative knowledge building principles and methods
- Gain confidence in planning authentic inquiry learning experiences and applying appropriate assessment methodology
- Explore how inquiry and other strategies maximize student engagement.
Cost: $295 CAD (HST, breakfast, lunch, refreshments, and 2 publications included)
**Space is Limited! Register by March 21, 2017*