This Cohort will begin on April 24th, 2017. All dates are from 9:00AM-4:00PM The in-person dates are listed below:
- Module 01 - April 24th, 2017
- Module 02 - May 15th, 2017
- Module 03 - June 12th, 2017
- Module 04 - July 17th, 2017
- Module 05 - August 14th, 2017
- Module 06 - September 11th, 2017
- Module 07 - October 16th, 2017
- Module 08 - November 13th, 2017
- Module 09 - December 11th, 2017
- Module 10 - January 8th, 2018
Jen Tougas, Director, Training & Education, Homeless Health Care Los Angeles:
Welcome to Homeless Services
Case Manager Training - Cohort 12
This 10-module, in-depth program is for case managers and housing navigators that are new, relatively new, need to learn new techniques, or are case managers in Department of Health Services' Housing for Health program. Each module includes online training and one in-person session each month. The topics include core functions, effective practices, housing, standards of exellence, benefits acquisition, mental and physical health, substance abuse, thriving in community, and other topics needed for effective case management. Trainers are leaders from homeless agencies across Los Angeles County.
Overall learning objectives - At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a strengths-based, client-centered approach to case management with people experiencing homeless and clients that were previously unhoused
- Demonstrate the ability to provide Intensive Case Management Services (ICMS)
- Demonstrate the advantages of case coordination and support between case managers and other colleagues with different life and educational experiences
- Demonstrate effective approaches and practices in assisting clients thrive in community
- Develop a resource guide for communities in which their clients reside
- Develop and implement an individual development plan for themselves that focuses on self-care and building on areas of strength and addressing areas of need
- The Landscape of Homeless in Los Angeles
- Homeless Services Case Management Core Functions - Part 1
- Homeless Services Case Management Core Functions - Part 2
- Cultural Competency & Ethics
- Effective Practices - Part 1
- Effective Practices - Part 2
- Mainstream Benefits & System Navigation
- Health: Medical, Mental Health, & Substance Abuse
- Thriving in Community
The program is designed for homeless services case managers that can benefit from an independent learning based program that combines online work with a monthly classroom session. The materials are designed for new case managers but seasoned staff can benefit from much of the materials and can advance through it more quickly.
The estimated time commitment is 2 hours per week in online reading and a one-day, in-person session per month.
The cost of the training is $1150 payable in advance. If you are paying by check, please:
Cost includes 10 in-person sessions, online training, materials, lunches, and meeting expenses.
- Write the check to Homeless Health Care Los Angeles, Attn: Shammi Narayan
- Include the name of the participant on the check
Registration fees must be paid by the start date of the training or the space in the class may be filled by someone on the wait list. No registration fees will be refunded after the training begins. Agencies may be able to substitute participants in the Homeless Services Case Manager Training prior to Module 2 with the approval of the lead instructor.
HHCLA reserves the right to cancel any training program with fewer than 15 participants. If HHCLA cancels the training, participants will receive a full refund.
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, or disability.