November 9, 2017 8:30am-5:00pm
November 10, 2017 8:00am-5:00pm
Add to Calendar
PAC Program Coordinator
Positive Approach to Care, LLC
PAC Coach Certification
November 9-10, 2017
Do you supervise caregivers or other team members who provide direct care, or do you support to individuals living with dementia?
This program is designed for anyone who supervises caregivers or other team members providing direct care or support to individuals living with dementia. If your goal is to help people change their behavior towards individuals with dementia, this training is for you.
Professionals who may benefit from this training include Memory Care Program Directors, Resident Care Directors, CNAs and Social Workers in leadership positions, Staff Education Directors, Adult Day Program Directors, Executive Directors.
Qualifications for registration:
- Minimum of one year of experience in a health related field
- Minimum of six months dementia related experience
- Review of three or more Teepa Snow online videos / you tubes or participation in a seminar
The following training curriculum must be completed before attending classroom training:
- Seven hours of documented, online video training featuring Teepa Snow (access to the training website is provided after acceptance into the training program)
- Successful completion of assessments (quizzes) related to video training
Classroom Training Overview:
Day One: Care Skillls Workshop / 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
A Lead PAC Mentor guides the review and practice of effective care partnering techniques, including Positive Physical Approach™ and Hand-under-Hand™. Gain the skills needed to help your team members shift from simply dealing with the behaviors of those they care for, to creating a positive and caring environment.
Day Two: Becoming an Effective Coach and Leader / 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Teepa provides an in-depth look into the elements of effective coaching. These elements include:
- Considering how your actions and intentions come across to those around you
- Learning to provide non-judgemental feedback, using questioning techniques to help others identify solutions and actions
- Learning to apply newly learned techniques to improve outcomes and foster accountability among team members
- Participants work with a PAC Mentor to complete certification. This requires timely follow-up and completion of multiple steps within an eight week period. Learners become certified after successfully completing all training requirements. The individual must demonstrate a solid understanding of training material, PAC Care partnering skills, and coaching skills.
Training and Certification Fee of $1,800 (non-refundable) includes:
- Training videos (seven hours) and materials
- Training manual with presentation and classroom materials
- Seven hours of classroom training led by Lead PAC Mentor
- Seven hours of classroom led by Teepa Snow
- Access to Teepa's continued education webinars
- Post training follow up and coaching from PAC Mentor
- E-certificate of completion
- Access to PAC Approved Certification logo
PAC Approved Coaches are required to annually document and demonstrate continued competence in order to maintain certification.
Annual re-certification fee is $150.