PAC Program Coordinator
Positive Approach to Care, LLC
PAC Consultant Certification
November 2-3, 2017
Do you currently or wish to counsel or advise families working with those living with dementia?
This training program is designed for professionals who counsel and advise families working through dementia related challenges. In addition to dementia related awareness and knowledge, learners are taught effective communication techniques, strategies to connect with people in a meaningful way, and methods of providing the right resources at the right time. Upon completion of the on-line videos and assessments (pre-classroom training) and classroom training, learners have 8 weeks to complete the remaining requirements to achieve certifcation.
Professionals who may benefit from this training include Geriatric Care Managers, Executive Directors, Marketing Directors, Senior Living Advisors, Marriage and Family Therapists, Stephens Ministers and Elder Law Attorneys.
Qualifications for registration:
- A college degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a health related field
- Minimum of 1 year dementia related experience
- Review of three or more Teepa Snow online videos / you tubes or participation in a seminar
Participants complete the following training curriculum before attending the classroom training:
- 7 hours of documented video training featuring Teepa Snow (access to training website is provided after acceptance into the training program)
- Successful completion of assessments related to video training
- Participants coordinate with a PAC Mentor to demonstrate proficiency in Positive Physical Approach™ and Hand Under Hand™ (both are featured in the online video training)
Your Role as a Dementia Care Consultant / 8:00 am - 5:000 pm:
Teepa provides an in-depth look into the consultant role and ways to better support your clients. Topics include:
- Role of a PAC Consultant
- Review of the Brain and Brain Change
- Dealing with Grief and Loss – Two Major Groups and Five States
- Core Steps to Pre-Planned Consulting
- Personality Traits - What Makes You Click, What Makes You Tick? What Makes Others Click?
- Learning Style Preferences – Understanding How People Might Like to Learn
- Coaching and Being Coached
- Consulting ‘In the Moment’
- Denial; Recognizing and Addressing
- Positive Physical Approach™ and Hand Under Hand™
Practice Using Consultant Tools / 8:00 am - 12:30 pm:
A PAC Facilitator leads this interactive practice session. Participants apply newly learned skills in role plays using the 6 Pieces of the Puzzle, Teepa's GEMS® and cue cards. Real life examples are explored in small group discussions.
- Participants work with a PAC Mentor to complete certification. This requires timely follow up and completion of mutliple steps within an 8 week period.
Training and Certification Fee of $1,800 includes:
- Training videos (7 hours)
- Training manual with presentation and classroom materials
- 7 contact/content hours of classroom training, led by Teepa Snow
- 7contact/content hours of classroom training, led by a Lead PAC Mentor
- Access to Teepa's continued education webinars
- Post training follow up and coaching from PAC Mentor
- Certificate of completion
- Access to Certified PAC Consultant logo
Annual Re-Certification Fee is $150.
PAC Approved Consultants are required to annually document and demonstrate continued competence in order to maintain certification.