Sunday August 6, 2017 at 8:00 AM CDT
Saturday August 12, 2017 at 1:30 PM CDTAdd to Calendar
Waterfront Regeneration Trust
10th Annual Great Waterfront Trail Adventure 2017
Point Pelee National Park to The Rouge National Urban Park
The Great Waterfront Trail Adventure (GWTA) is an annual cycling holiday hosted by the Waterfront Regeneration Trust. Join us in 2017 as we celebrate the 10th annual GWTA and Canada's 150th birthday by riding from National Park to National Urban Park. Experience the rich variety of Southern Ontario as we ride from the Southernmost point of mainland Canada at Point Pelee National Park to the Rouge National Urban Park over 7 days. Discover vibrant communities and experience delicious local food and entertainment; Enjoy riding through peaceful South Western Ontario, along a historic rail trail and into the bright lights of Toronto whilst dipping your toes in two Great Lakes along the way. Take time to dismount and visit charming shops, unique local attractions and experience a few surprises long the way!
SNIPPETS OF WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Daily maps and itineraries
- A mix of trail, rail trail and road riding on predominantly quiet country roads.
- Hop-on, Hop-off the shuttle vans at designated rest stops. Cycle the sections you want to ride and spend more time shopping, eating, wine tasting, exploring historical sites by hopping on and off the shuttle vans at rest stops.
- Daily riding distances of 40 to 105 km (25 to 65 miles)
- Four dinners, one lunch and all breakfasts are included in the cost of registration
- New for 2017 - two nights of non camping accomodation included
- Check out the route and itineraries.
FEES: Click for a detailed list of what is included
- Before Jan 31, 2017: $805 + $107.25 HST + $20 processing fee
- Feb 1- July 7, 2017: $855 + $113.75 HST + $20 processing fee
Waterfront Trail Champion
- $300 + $41.60 HST + $20 processing fee + $1,000 in fundraising. Includes commemorative GWTA Jersey
Youth (aged 12 to 18)
- Before Jan 31, 2017: $500 + $67.60 HST + $20 processing fee
- Feb 1- July 7, 2017: $550 + $74.10 HST + $20 processing fee
Child (11 and under): Free
- Pay with credit card: Payment is made by credit card through PayPal's secure site. PayPal account is not required.
- Pay with cheque: register online and send cheque by mail. Cheques should be received within two weeks of online registration, and registration is tentative until cheque is received by the Trust. Send cheques to: Waterfront Regeneration Trust
4195 Dundas Street West
Toronto, Ontario M8X 1Y4