WhenSaturday February 18, 2017 at 8:00 AM AKST
Monday February 20, 2017 at 6:00 PM AKSTAdd to Calendar
Anchorage/Arctic Valley, Girdwoord/Turnagain Pass
Sarah Carter & Jenna Boisvert
Alaska Avalanche Information Center and Backcountry Babes
Backcountry Babes AIARE Level 1 Anchorage/Girdwood Feb.18-20, 2017
Catered specifically for women, this course provides a comfortable fun learning atmosphere to gain the knowledge and skills to become better decision makers in avalanche terrain: awareness of avalanche problems, how effective teams plan for travel in avalanche terrain, dynamics of snowpack and weather, and up-to-date avalanche rescue techniques.
This course is taught in partnership with Backcountry Babes and Alaska Avalanche Information Center.
What to Expect
- Safe, comfortable, and fun learning atmosphere
- Attentive, experienced, and professional instructors
- Engaging classroom an field sessions
- Appropriate and applicable avalanche safety information
- Practical experience in the field
- Joyful self-empowerment regarding informed backcountry travel and decision-making
- Backcountry skis or split-board and ski poles
- Ski or snowboard boots
- Climbing skins
- Avalanche beacon, probe, and shovel
- Backcountry backpack
- Proper outerwear and warm layers for the field time
- Full equipment list here.
If you would like to review our Assumption Of Risk agreement before signing up for a course.