Making Authentic Inquiry Work:
Finding Curriculum in Nature and Student "I Wonders"
Learning for a Sustainable Future and Natural Curiosity are again partnering to facilitate this very popular 2 -day PD experience.
Throughout the two days, we will walk the talk and model inquiry methodology.
Who should attend?
Focus and Outcomes—through their participation, educators will:
- Educators of all grades (ECE - Grade 12) who wish to explore how authentic inquiry is being applied to address curriculum expectations
- School administrators and system leaders who wish to examine strategies that support schools evolving their practice by implementing transformative pedagogies.
- Receive copies of Natural Curiosity (www.naturalcuriosity.ca/) and Connecting the Dots (www.lsf-lst.ca/dots) and gain perspectives on applying inquiry.
- Time in nature provides many benefits to learners yet educators are confronted with how to link these to curriculum. Transformative pedagogies (inquiry, acting on learning and others) capitalize on student engagement with the natural world. Take the challenge with us and turn curriculum planning upside down. Nature can lead learning in every subject for every learner.
- In this institute we explore the possibilities when organizing learning based on experiences in the world beyond the classroom - where expectations are identified in advance and also revealed along the way.
Cost: $295 CAD (HST, Breakfast, lunch, refreshments, and 2 publications included)
EARLY BIRD Rate* for HCDSB Educators ONLY: $275 (Please use special promo code that was on the MEMO to register)
*Early Bird Rate is available due to Release Time coverage provided by HCDSB. This rate is only available for the first 20 HCDSB educators to register. Ends April 1, 2017.
Space is Limited! Register by May 1, 2017