ARC Bluewater Weekend 2017
in Lymington, UK
in association with
The ARC Bluewater Weekend, is for sailors who are aiming at going offshore cruising and want to know what to look for when choosing a bluewater cruising boat. For those in the boat search phase of their count-down to offshore cruising, the Bluewater Weekend will provide the knowledge to help make the right choice of boat, plan a refit, and manage the costs of cruising, as well as meeting and mingling with experienced bluewater cruisers to share knowledge and gain inspiration, all in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
A range of different styles and layouts of fully fitted offshore cruising boats will be on display for visitors to climb on board, supported by a series of talks on key aspects of bluewater boat selection and planning for offshore cruising. Speaking sessions are staggered throughout the weekend, allowing plenty of time to view boats, discuss equipment requirements, and chat with experienced bluewater cruisers.
Throughout the weekend there will be a chance to mingle with industry experts and other cruising sailors. Previous World Cruising Club rally participants are invited to bring their own boats to the weekend, and share their personal experiences offering “open boat” viewing to other cruisers.
Get the Conversation Going - stay for dinner!
To keep the conversation flowing, there will be a sailing-supper held on the Saturday evening as an option for those staying for the whole weekend. Two courses, wine not included. £20 per person.
The weekend is free to attend, with advance registration. Visitors bringing their own boats to the event will need to reserve and pay for boat docking. The Saturday evening dinner is optional and charged separately.
The ARC Bluewater Weekend starts at 10am on Saturday 20 May, and finishes around 4pm on Sunday 21 May. Admittance is by badge, and cruisers may attend sessions on Saturday or Sunday or both days.
Terms and Conditions:
1. DATES: The Bluewater Weekend will take place from 10am on Saturday 20 May to 16:00 on Sunday 21 May 2017 at the Berthon Marina, Lymington.
2. FEES: The Bluewater Weekend is free to attend for registered cruisers.
3. INCLUDED: The registration includes attendance at the speaking programme and admittance to the display area. Berthing fees for those attending by boat are not included. Saturday evening optional sailing supper available, charged seperately..
4. ALTERATIONS TO PROGRAMME: The Organisers reserve the right to alter any aspect of the Bluewater Weekend programme, including content and timings, although such changes will be kept to a minimum. The provisional programme will be sent out with delegate information in early May 2017.
5. ACCEPTANCE: By registering for the Bluewater Weekend, participants consent to share their contact details (email address & telephone number) with all exhibiting organisations. The Organisers reserve the right to decline any booking at their discretion.
6. TRANSLATION AND LAW: In the event of dispute over translation of the terms and conditions, or any other materials issued by the Organisers, the English language version will prevail. These Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and the signatory agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.