Professional Green Gardener Training
Turn Over A New Leaf in 2017
Save 10% if you register before February 25, 2017!
(Use promo code "LEAF")
Teaching landscape professionals how to grow their business by growing earth-friendly and river-friendly landscapes.
River-Friendly Landscaping is an integrated, watershed-based approach to landscaping that works with nature to reduce water use, reduce waste, prevent pollution, and support the health of the Sacramento region’s waterways.
The Green Gardener Training Program is ten weekly classes that cover
- River-Friendly Landscaping Principles
- Soil Health
- Mulches and Compost
- Irrigation (2 Classes)
- Right Plant, Right Place
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Pruning for Plant Health
- Fertilizers & Turf Care
- Marketing Your Green Gardener Business
Benefits of becoming a Qualified Green Gardener
- Diversify your services by offering healthier, water-efficient landscaping services to clients and employers.
- Attract new clients and increase your earning potential.
- Identify yourself as a Green Gardener by using the official title and logo on your materials.
- Receive recognition on the Regional Water Authority and EcoLandscape California websites.
- Gain exposure to new clients at Eco-Landscape public outreach events.
- Gain a broader understanding of how landscape choices can improve the health of community and our shared environment.
- Help clients reduce pesticide use, reduce water waste, and prevent pollution.
- Qualifies you to become an EcoLandscaper™. (Visit www.EcoLandscape.org for more details.)
Training offered with support from: