- Promotion through several media channels such as advertising, radio, TV, Facebook, E-Blast, Twitter, Instagram and Black Expo Website, etc.
- Extensive promotion from organizer prior to event, via digital media, radio, and Broadcast television.
- A total of 3 passes are available for staff and additional tickets can be purchased online or at the door. Please keep in mind, this is an opportunity to raise funds for a local charity. Purchase additional tickets here
You are helping raise funds for a local charity!!
- Listing in the event program booklet.
- NO SIGN UP FEE! Vendors participating with the Taste of Black Expo are NOT charged a fee.
- Complimentary 6-foot tables(2) & chairs(2). Feel free to bring additional tables if needed.
- Black linen for (2) tables, small plates, napkins, forks and spoons will be provided.
- White linen for dessert participants.
- Booth signage will be provided.
- Booth set-up and breakdown.
- Booth location assignments are based on a first-come, first served basis after all setup needs are considered.
- Under these conditions, the vendor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Black Expo and the SC Black Pages from any and all liability for damages, injury or loss to any person or goods for any reason. The vendor is solely responsible for his/her booth space and booth operation.
- Power sources are limited. If power source is needed, please make your request known by no later than May 5, 2017.
** Limited running water; refrigeration or storage is available for liscensed caterers.
EXPECTATION OF PARTICIPANTS
- Each chef is expected to send in a photo for use in marketing materials and promotion. Photos are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org upon registration. High resolution photos only. Please submit photos and logos no later than May 5, 2017.
- Participants are encouraged to provide promotional materials for distribution during the event.
- Participants are asked to donate at least one door prize (to be given out during the Black Expo) to further promote your business.
- Provide menu no later than May 5, 2017.
- A minimum of 600 servings of at least 2 oz. portion of a featured menu item. Please provide the holder for your forks, spoons, napkins, etc. (The number of servings may increase)
- Vendor staff to prepare and serve food.
- Participants are expected to have their booth completely set up no later than 7:00 PM and be ready to serve by 7:30 PM. Participants are not permitted to take down their booth prior to10:30 PM.
- All vendors must provide your own equipment, serving utensils, chafing dishes, etc., water and ice required to prep, hold and serve food (no disposable aluminum pans).
- Delivery and pick up of all equipment as well as trash removal is vendor's responsibility.
This year the judging process will be slightly different; the Best Savory, Best Sweet and newly added Best Certified SC Grown awards will be voted on by a panel of judges, while the remaining Best Display award will be voted on by guests attending the event.
- Each entry is to be judged on the merits of the food alone based on presentation, aroma, flavor of overall dish, flavor of ingredients, execution, creativity, and use of any featured ingredients and accompaniments.
- All chefs desiring to enter Best Savory, Best Dessert and Best Certifed SC Grown should be prepared for the judges at 7:00 pm.