Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre
604-709-5661 Ext 221
Every Tuesday & Thursday from Apr 4-27, 2017 from 6:45 PM -to- 9:15 PM PST
Add to Calendar
Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre 2772 East Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5M 1Y8 Driving Directions
Responsible Adult in Child Care Settings Course
Every Tuesday & Thursday from April 4 to 27, 2017
(April 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25 & 27, 2017)
Time: 6:45pm - 9:15pm 20 hours Training Fee: $160.00
Description: This course was developed by Westcoast to meet the requirements for 20 hours “Responsible Adult” training as stipulated by the Child Care Regulation. Through interactive sessions, it covers basic concepts about child development from birth to 12 years of age, child guidance, health, safety and nutrition and programming. Participants must be at least 19 years old to register, attend all sessions and pass all open book quizzes with a satisfactory mark in order to receive a certificate of completion. The workbook is included in the course fee. This is a non-credit course (cannot be applied towards the completion of a degree).
- School Age Group Child Care (licensed).
- Occasional Child Care (licensed).
- As a replacement or a substitute/casual on call for Early Childhood Education Assistants in licensed group child care centres or preschools.
- Casual family drop-in programs, family child care assistants or other related positions.
For more information read the Child Care Licensing Regulation at:
Facilitator: Christine Mann is an experienced facilitator on a wide variety of courses and professional development training for Early Childhood Educators, Family Child Care Providers and School Age Workers. She has over 24 years’ experience working with families and children in a variety of contexts. Currently she works with the North Shore Child Care Resource & Referral Program as a Child Care Support and Outreach Consultant in North Vancouver, BC.
Registration begins February 1, 2017
Please mark the start date on your calendar, as we will not send a reminder.
- Carefully read the Registration, Refund and Missed Class Policies.
- Registrations are accepted on a first come-first serve basis.
- Bring a 2-inch binder for your course materials.
- Note parking restrictions in parking lot, along Slocan Street and on East Broadway Ave.
- This is a non-credit course (cannot be applied towards the completion of a degree).
- Make payment at time of registration in order to confirm a seat.
- Be 19 years of age at the time of registration.
- Have Grade 8 English written and oral skills (or equivalent) to participate during class.
- Mark course dates in calendar. We do not send reminders.
- Make their own child care arrangements. We are unable to accommodate children during course hours.
- Abide by the Classroom Code of Conduct.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the course date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees. No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the course starts.
- All refunds are subject to a $25 Administration Fee.
- Westcoast may cancel a course at any time. Registrants will be notified and will receive a full refund.
- If first class is missed registrants forfeit their fee. There will be no refund.
Missed Class Policy:
Note: If the course is full, you can phone us to be placed on the wait list.
- The first class is mandatory. The entire course builds on the first day and it is essential to the subsequent classes. If the first class is missed you forfeit your fee and may not attend the rest of the course.
- Participants must attend all sessions and hand in all open-book quizzes scoring at least 70% on each one in order to receive a certificate of completion.
- There is a $15 each to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the course start date.
- Anyone missing more than 1 session will need to take the entire course again at full fee except in unusual circumstances and by special permission by the Training Department.
- Participants must notify the Instructor of an absence in advance at the earliest opportunity.
- If a session is missed, participants may make it up the next time the course is offered and within 1 year from the course end date; unless it is the first class.
- There will be a $15 fee to make up a missed session.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to keep track of which session and topics were missed and to find out when s/he can make them up.
- Certificates of completion may be picked up after making up the missed session.