YALE OMNI HOTEL
155 Temple Street
New Haven, CT 06510
Connecticut Chiropractic Council
Connecticut Chiropractic Council
Fri May 12
7pm 8pm Ubong Udoyen MD Drug Abuse Addiction *
8pm 9:40pm Erik Brower Torque Release Technique
9:40pm 10:30pm George Curry DC Professiona Ethics
Sat May 13
9am 10:40am Dean DePice DC Credibility Character
10:40 12:20 Marty Kotlar DC HIPAA Compliance *
12:20 1:30pm LUNCH
1:30 2:20 Marty Kotlar DC ChiropracitcRecordkeeping*
2:20 4pm Curtis Bone Mental Health Vets PTSD *
4-5pm Stuart Hoffman DC cont'd at 5:10pm
5:10-6:40pm Stuart Hoffman DC Cont'd Ethics Informed Consent
The postgraduate programs sponsored, co-sponsored or hosted by Sherman College of Chiropractic may not always reflect the views of the college or its employees
14 CE Credits Approved
CT RI VT MA HN (13)
REQUIRED – State of CT MANDATORY 5 CE Credits*
Curtis Bone MD *MENTAL HEALTH CONDITIONS - VETERANS, FAMILY PTSD 2 HOURS
On and after January 1, 2016, not less than two contact hours of training or education during the first renewal period in which continuing education is required and not less than once every six years thereafter on the topic of mental health conditions common to veterans and family members of veterans.
1) Cite the rate of physical and mental health disability amongst veterans
2) Recognize the incidence and distribution of mental illness in the veteran population
3) State the definition of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Marty Kotlar DC *CHIROPRACTIC RECORD KEEPING 1 HOUR
1) Identify the key elements of chiropractic recordkeeping
2) Understand the essential differences between evaluations and daily SOAP notes
3) Correlate the importance of capturing relevant diagnoses in establishing medical necessity.
Marty Kotlar DC *HIPAA COMPLIANCE 2 HOURS
1) Identify the key elements of chiropractic HIPAA compliance
2) Understand the importance of HIPAA privacy and security rules and protecting patient health information
Ubong Udoyen MD MPH * History of Abuse of Drugs and Alcohol/Strategies|Addictions 1 HOUR
1) Diagnosing Substance Use Disorders
2) Treatment options
3) Issue of co-morbid psychiatric diagnoses
4) History of Substance use and Current Concerns
5) Question and Answer
ELECTIVE CE CREDITS 9 CE Credits
Dean DePice DC WHAT'S GREAT IN CHIROPRACTIC | Credibility, Character 2 HOURS
Program draws together the most current research in science and philosophy the objective of which is to advance the doctors’ impact upon patient outcomes through greater knowledge of chiropractic’s safety, effectiveness and certainty in case management.
Stuart E. Hoffman DC, FICA THE ETHICS OF INFORMED CONSENT 3 HOURS
1) Ethical communication guidelines in the doctor-patient relationship.
2) Process by which the treating health care provider discloses appropriate information to a patient so that the patient may make a voluntary choice to accept or refuse treatment.
3) Review why informed consent is necessary
Erik Brower DC GENTLE & SPECIFIC FAMILY CARE TECHNIQUE 2 HOURS
1) Trends in chiropractic versus the allopathic model related to pregnancy,pediatric and family care.
2) Statistics, current research and clinical examples reviewed in conjunction with Torque Release Technique.
George Curry DC Keeping your office compliant with HIPAA and Professional ethic standards 1 HOUR
1) The doctor of chiropractic should ensure thatpatients possess enough information to enable the patient to make an informedintelligent decision with regard to any proposed chiropractic care
Licensed DC SAVE $100 USE PROMO CODE
New Members & First-Year-in-Practice
Call for Promo Codes