Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre
604-709-5661 EXT 221
Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre 2772 East Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5M 1Y8 Driving Directions
Wednesday April 19, 2017
Time: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm 3 hours training
Fee: $50.00 FCC Fee: $35.00 (Promo Code)
How can we cultivate the behaviours of success and well-being? This workshop reveals the Awareness Module's three part responsive behaviour support system. This holistic approach examines the root cause of all behaviours and the elements that motivate them. Attendees will take away assessment tools, resources and guidance towards clarifying the complexities of behaviour. If you are looking for a fresh approach that is centered in the empowerment of children and youth, do not miss this interactive presentation.
- To discuss assessment strategies to isolate behaviour concerns.
- To explore practical applications.
- To understand the Awareness Models’ 3 part behaviour system.
Suitable for students, parents, novice, intermediate and experienced early learning child care professionals working with infant/toddler, preschool and school age children, including children with extra support needs.
Presenter: Peter-John Prinlsoo. P.J. specializes in behaviour and game theory, awareness, boundaries, needs and value systems. He was a regular facilitator with the Attorney General's Office, raising awareness in multiculturalism, anti-violence, and sexual exploitation. P.J. is also a certified Safe Teen facilitator and has taught the Safe Teen program in high schools throughout Vancouver and the lower mainland in BC. PJ’s workshops are always fun, high energy and very interactive. His goal is to uplift human spirit and motivate, while identifying personal challenges and boundaries.
Registration starts: February 1, 2017
Please mark this date on your calendar, as we will not send a reminder.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop or course starts.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop or course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- By submitting this online participants declare they have read, understood and agree with this policy.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to check if certificates of participation will be accepted by the ECE Registry. http://www.mcf.gov.bc.ca/childcare/ece/ phone 1-888-338-6622 email firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, call us before registering.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need a Promo Code received by email to register. Be sure to use this Promo Code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed.
- Seats are limited. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
- Mark dates on your calendar. We will not send reminders.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
- Latecomers who arrive after 15 minutes may not be admitted and will not receive a certificate.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop time. Please make child care arrangements.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop date.
- These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- Westcoast encourages a scent free environment.
Note: If the workshop is full, you can phone us to be placed on the wait list.