Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre
604-709-5661 EXT 221
Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre 2772 East Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5M 1Y8 Driving Directions
Physical Literacy for Young Canadians
Wednesday May 17, 2017
Time: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm 3 hours training
Fee: $50.00 FCC Fee: $35.00 (Promo Code)
Come learn about why physical literacy is being added to preschools, schools, sport organizations and health care organizations across Canada. This workshop will explore the goal of physical literacy for young Canadians and give educators practical tools to bring this goal into their programs. The workshop will be a balance between theory, teaching strategy concepts and hands on activities. Come dressed for light activity and having fun!
- To gain an understanding of the physical literacy movement in Canada.
- To recognize how physical literacy is shaping curriculum decisions.
- To discover how to make physical literacy a goal in a preschool setting and how it connects to other curriculum areas.
- To explore practical and fun games, ideas and lessons that can be easily added to any program.
Suitable for students, novice, intermediate and experienced early learning child care professionals working with infant/toddler, preschool and school age children, including children with extra support needs, parents, adult instructors and administrators.
Presenter: Jennifer Hood. Jennifer has over 20 years’ experience working in gymnastics organizations across Canada. She has developed recreational gymnastics programming for young children in multiple non-profit and sport environments. Jennifer received her BA in Anthropology from the University of Victoria in 2000 and then her B.Ed. from UBC in 2002 and she maintains her BC Teacher's Certificate. Focusing on the development of physical literacy in all athletes rather than competitive gymnastics for an elite few, Jennifer Hood opened the first Jump Gymnastics in Yaletown in 2008 and her second in North Vancouver in 2014.
Registration starts: February 1, 2017
Please mark this date on your calendar, as we will not send a reminder.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop or course starts.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop or course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- By submitting this online participants declare they have read, understood and agree with this policy.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to check if certificates of participation will be accepted by the ECE Registry. http://www.mcf.gov.bc.ca/childcare/ece/ phone 1-888-338-6622 email firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, call us before registering.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need a Promo Code received by email to register. Be sure to use this Promo Code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed.
- Seats are limited. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
- Mark dates on your calendar. We will not send reminders.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
- Latecomers who arrive after 15 minutes may not be admitted and will not receive a certificate.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop time. Please make child care arrangements.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop date.
- These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- Westcoast encourages a scent free environment.
Note: If the workshop is full, you can phone us to be placed on the wait list.