Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre
604-709-5661 EXT 221
Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre 2772 East Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5M 1Y8 Driving Directions
How To Set Up Reggio Inspired Activities In Your Centre
Wednesday May 31, 2017
Time: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm 3 hours training
Fee: $50.00 FCC Fee: $35.00 (Promo Code)
This workshop is designed to help participants understand how to set up provocative areas that can lead to further learning, reflection, questions, exploration and discovery, experimenting projects and much more. It will be an interactive workshop with video clips, visuals, hands-on manipulatives, group activities, discussions and Reggio Inspired classroom displays.
- To learn how to implement vibrant table displays that will dazzle the senses, invite curiosity and discovery.
- To explore how to create flexible environments that are responsive to the need for the children and teachers to construct knowledge together.
- To discover how play based centers and Reggio inspired programs can work together.
- To work in groups and get inspired to create provocative tables.
- To introduce participants to the concept of loose parts.
Suitable for students, novice, intermediate and experienced early learning child care professionals working with infant/toddler and preschool children, parents, adult instructors and administrators.
Presenter: Sarah McCarthy. Sarah has a Bachelor of Science in Education and Training, a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Montessori (0-12 years), plus a certificate for Children with Special Needs. She has been in the education field for over 15 years and has taught in Reggio, play-based and Montessori centres; recently being the Early Childhood Program Coordinator and Instructor at a private college in Vancouver. Sarah created ECE Connect in 2016 with the idea of connecting Early Childhood Educators and offering workshops needed in the field.
Registration starts: February 1, 2017
Please mark this date on your calendar, as we will not send a reminder.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop or course starts.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop or course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- By submitting this online participants declare they have read, understood and agree with this policy.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to check if certificates of participation will be accepted by the ECE Registry. http://www.mcf.gov.bc.ca/childcare/ece/ phone 1-888-338-6622 email email@example.com
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, call us before registering.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need a Promo Code received by email to register. Be sure to use this Promo Code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed.
- Seats are limited. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
- Mark dates on your calendar. We will not send reminders.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
- Latecomers who arrive after 15 minutes may not be admitted and will not receive a certificate.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop time. Please make child care arrangements.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop date.
- These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- Westcoast encourages a scent free environment.
Note: If the workshop is full, you can phone us to be placed on the wait list.