Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre
604-709-5661 EXT 221
Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre 2772 East Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5M 1Y8 Driving Directions
Resolving Challenging Issues with Families
Saturday June 10, 2017
Time: 10:30 am – 3:00 pm 4 hours training
Fee: $65.00 FCC Fee: $50.00 (Promo Code)
Communicating with families on tough and sensitive issues can be a challenge for most of us. Positive communication and clear policies and procedures are crucial to quality service in child care.
- To explore factors for consideration when solving challenging issues with families.
- To discuss some key factors in oral and written communication that will help us plan for successful outcomes.
Suitable for intermediate and experienced early learning child care professionals working with infant/toddler, preschool and school age children, including children with extra support needs, parents, adult instructors and administrators.
Presenter: Christine Hibbert. Christine has been the executive director at Jericho Kid’s Club for 18 years. Christine co-wrote “Key Elements of School Age Care” and teaches many aspects of child care delivery and administration.
Registration starts: February 1, 2017
- Bring a bag lunch (1/2 hour lunch)
Please mark this date on your calendar, as we will not send a reminder.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop or course starts.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop or course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- By submitting this online participants declare they have read, understood and agree with this policy.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to check if certificates of participation will be accepted by the ECE Registry. http://www.mcf.gov.bc.ca/childcare/ece/ phone 1-888-338-6622 email firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, call us before registering.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need a Promo Code received by email to register. Be sure to use this Promo Code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed.
- Seats are limited. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
- Mark dates on your calendar. We will not send reminders.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
- Latecomers who arrive after 15 minutes may not be admitted and will not receive a certificate.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop time. Please make child care arrangements.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop date.
- These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- Westcoast encourages a scent free environment.
Note: If the workshop is full, you can phone us to be placed on the wait list.