Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre
604-709-5661 EXT 221
Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre 2772 East Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5M 1Y8 Driving Directions
How to Teach Healthy Eating to Picky Eaters
Saturday June 17, 2017
Time: 10:30 am – 3:00 pm 4 hours training
Fee: $65.00 FCC Fee: $50.00 (Promo Code)
While picky eating is common amongst 2 - 5 year olds, children can still learn to try new foods and set the foundation to become lifelong healthy eaters. In this workshop you will understand picky eating behaviour better by discovering its developmental causes. You will get play-based activities that help kids gain the confidence and competence to try new foods. You will learn what common activities inadvertently undermine kids' well-being when it comes to food and how to have respectful discussions about food with parents.
- To discover the developmental causes of picky eating for toddlers and preschoolers.
- To learn developmentally appropriate activities that give children the confidence and competence to try new foods.
- To explore how to have respectful discussions about food with parents.
Suitable for students, novice, intermediate and experienced early learning child care professionals working with infant/toddler and preschool children.
Presenter: Kristen Yarker, MSc, RD. Kristen is a child feeding expert who helps caregivers support picky eaters to try new foods on their own without being forceful or sneaky. Since 2008 she has been working with caregivers to provide good nutrition for children today and instill a LOVE of food that lasts a lifetime. Kristen is a consultant for health authorities, the BC Ministry of Health, and non-profit organizations. Check out Kristen’s column in Urban Baby and Toddler Magazine, articles on Modern Mama’s website, and quotes in magazines such as Today’s Parent and Best Health. www.KristenYarker.com
Registration starts: February 1, 2017
- Bring a bag lunch (1/2 hour lunch)
Please mark this date on your calendar, as we will not send a reminder.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop or course starts.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop or course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- By submitting this online participants declare they have read, understood and agree with this policy.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to check if certificates of participation will be accepted by the ECE Registry. http://www.mcf.gov.bc.ca/childcare/ece/ phone 1-888-338-6622 email firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, call us before registering.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need a Promo Code received by email to register. Be sure to use this Promo Code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed.
- Seats are limited. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
- Mark dates on your calendar. We will not send reminders.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
- Latecomers who arrive after 15 minutes may not be admitted and will not receive a certificate.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop time. Please make child care arrangements.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop date.
- These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- Westcoast encourages a scent free environment.
Note: If the workshop is full, you can phone us to be placed on the wait list.