Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre
604-709-5661 EXT 221
Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre 2772 East Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5M 1Y8 Driving Directions
Responsive Life Skills Trays
Wednesday June 21, 2017
Time: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm 2 hours training
Fee: $35.00 FCC Fee: $20.00 (Promo Code)
Life skills are an integral part of development, more so than school readiness. Come be inspired by the unlimited ways you can use and present Life Skills Trays in a responsive environment; not only serving the children's skill development but also their ever changing interests as well.
- To look at the materials we put on our program’s shelves.
- To explore Life Skills Trays from a responsive curriculum perspective.
Suitable for students, novice and intermediate early learning child care professionals working with infant/toddler and preschool children, including children with extra support needs.
Presenter: Kristi Schwandt. After studying Fine Arts, Kristi had a multitude of careers before finding the Early Childhood Education profession. She learned responsive curriculum inspired by Reggio Emilia and has never looked back. Recently she has been an ECE Facilitator for the City of Surrey providing training and support for preschool instructors. Currently she is designing and remodelling City of Surrey preschool environments.
Registration starts: February 1, 2017
Please mark this date on your calendar, as we will not send a reminder.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop or course starts.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop or course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- By submitting this online participants declare they have read, understood and agree with this policy.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to check if certificates of participation will be accepted by the ECE Registry. http://www.mcf.gov.bc.ca/childcare/ece/ phone 1-888-338-6622 email firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, call us before registering.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need a Promo Code received by email to register. Be sure to use this Promo Code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed.
- Seats are limited. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
- Mark dates on your calendar. We will not send reminders.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
- Latecomers who arrive after 15 minutes may not be admitted and will not receive a certificate.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop time. Please make child care arrangements.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop date.
- These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- Westcoast encourages a scent free environment.
Note: If the workshop is full, you can phone us to be placed on the wait list.