Our goal is to help families who would like to attend our education and networking event but cannot justify the travel costs.
Registrants are encouraged to stay and secure accommodations at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel under our group rate but will not be reimbursed for any fees charged should you not win a scholarship. Please ensure you cancel your room booking if need be according to hotel guidelines.
We will make a final decision and the winner will be contacted by Wednesday, March 15, 2017.
CanPKU Travel Scholarships: Eligibility Criteria
1. Applicants must be current CanPKU members, with their annual membership expiring at least two months after the date of the schedule event the travel scholarship is for.
2. Applicants must have PKU or state their relationship to an individual with PKU;
3. Applicants must be Canadian residents;
4. Applicants must attend the entire event as scheduled;
5. Only one applicant per household will be considered;
6. Applicants must complete the application form and submit it by the deadline. Late applications will not be considered unless no other applications have been submitted;
7. Scholarship winners must follow procedures provided regarding completion of an expense report and submission of original receipts for reimbursement. Advances will not be given;
8. Scholarship winners must provide a letter to CanPKU following the event describing how they benefited from winning the scholarship and attending the event, with permission to use in CanPKU publications and website, at the discretion of CanPKU.
Bourse de voyage: Critères d’admissibilité
1. Les demandeurs doivent être membres en règle de PCU Canada, leur adhésion ne devant pas expirer moins de deux mois après la date de l’événement auquel la bourse de voyage s’applique. (Ceci est pour éviter que des personnes dont l’adhésion est sur le point d’expirer et qui ne prévoient pas la renouveler profitent du tarif réservé aux membres.)
2. Les demandeurs doivent être phénylcétonuriques, ou être un parent ou un tuteur d’une personne atteinte de PCU (cela comprend évidemment les parents d’adultes atteints de PCU).
If you have any questions regarding the CanPKU Travel Scholarship Program please direct your queries to Nicole Pallone, Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.