ARC Channel Islands Seminar
in Chichester UK
in association with
Combining informative presentations with a social day, the ARC Channel Islands Seminar programme includes lunch and the chance to meet and get to know your fellow ralliers before the rendezvous in Gosport in August.
Topics will cover areas important for completing a channel crossing as well as information for cruising around the Channel Islands and guidance on how to prepare your boat and crew for the rally and some reminders of best practice for safe sailing. As well as the team from World Cruising Club, Roger Seymour, senior instructor from Hamble School of Yachting, will be presenting at the seminar. Roger will also be the skipper of our lead boat, provided by Hamble School of Yachting during the rally. With breaks for tea/coffee and lunch spread throughout the day.
Each ARC Channel Islands boat entry fee includes two seminar spaces free of charge. Click the Register Now button to book your 2 free spaces. Use the Rally participant discount code sent to you by email.
Additional crew members may attend at £35 per person with discount code, or £45 standard fee - see your email invitation or contact our office..
The seminar will take place at Chichester Yacht Club. See column at left for address and directions. Rough schedule will be as follows, with breaks mid morning and afternoon:
10:00: Morning session start
12:30: Lunch Break (included in fee)
13:30: Afternoon session start
16:30: Seminar ends
Terms and Conditions:
1. DATES: The Seminar will take place from 1000 - 1630 on Saturday 30th April at the Chichester Yacht Club
2. FEES: Two seminar places per boat are included in the ARC Channel Islands entry fee. Additional guest fees are £35.00 per person for rally participants and £45.00 per person for non rally participants.
3. INCLUDED: The fee includes attendance at the seminar; lecture notes and lunch, teas and coffees during designated breaks. Travel to and from the seminar venue is not included.
6. PAYMENT: Payment must be made in full at the time of booking. Payment can be made online by credit or debit card (via PayPal). Cheques (checks) can be sent by post, payable to World Cruising Club Ltd. Fees payable in Pounds Sterling.
7. REFUNDS: Refunds of paid spaces will be made for cancellations received by the organisers on the following schedule: 75% for cancellations received by 16/04/2016. No refunds will be made for cancellations received from 17/04/2016, or for delegates or guests who fail to attend for any reason.
8. UNUSED SERVICES: For services stated in paragraphs 3 above, there will be no refund for unused services.
9. ALTERATIONS TO PROGRAMME: The Organisers reserve the right to alter any aspect of the seminar programme, including content and timings, although such changes will be kept to a minimum. The provisional programme will be sent out mid March.
10. CANCELLATION: In the unlikely event of the seminar being cancelled all seminar fees paid to the Organisers will be refunded.
11. ACCEPTANCE: By making a payment, signatories are accepting these terms and conditions for both themselves and, as agent, for all members of the party shown on the booking. The Organisers reserve the right to decline any booking at their discretion.
12. TRANSLATION AND LAW: In the event of dispute over translation of the terms and conditions, or any other materials issued by the Organisers, the English language version will prevail. These Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and the signatory agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
13. DEFINITIONS: For the purpose of the ARC Channel Islands Seminar Terms and Conditions, or any other material issued by the Organisers, the following terms shall be defined as:
“The Organisers” shall refer to World Cruising Club Ltd., trading as World Cruising Club, and its employees.
“The Seminar” shall mean the ARC Channel Islands Seminar of 30 April 2016.
“The Signatory” shall mean the person or persons booking places at the seminar, or his or her representative.