When was the last time you had a CPR class?
Maybe 10 years ago in school-taught by the gym teacher who really didn't explain why we had to push and breathe on that awful looking doll. Maybe it was just 2 years ago for work and you are dreading sitting through another 8 hour class, watching a boring movie and having to practice endless compressions and breaths. Or maybe, you have never had a class in your life, but are now expecting a little-one and would like to know what to do.
Teachers: This course, including the First Aid module, satisfies the Virginia Teaching license requirements.
Personal Trainers: If you are taking this course for PT certification, you will need to take the written exam (ACE, NASM). You can elect to take the written exam (no extra charge) during checkout.
Whatever the reason, join SES for a fun, informative class in CPR and AED (only $74.99). Fees payable with Credit Card.
Upgrade to include First Aid! The AHA Heartsaver First Aid with CPR/AED course is only $99.99. Fees payable with a Credit Card at registration.
But it will be boring! Not so! SES strives to make every class relaxing and enjoyable, taught in a comfortable gym, by a dynamic instructor.
But it will take all day! Our classes are kept small so that, not only do you get one-on-one attention with your instructor, but the classes use your time wisely.
At the end of class, you will receive your American Heart Association course completion card (so no waiting for it to arrive in the mail). *
As of July 2012, the AHA is requiring that all BLS students have a Student Workbook (textbook ) for their training class. You have many options in acquiring this text. Copies may be available for purchase at your class, however, pre-ordering is recommended.
Book Source List:
http://ebooks.heart.org/ (eBook format)
(This is not an exhaustive list and Safety Education Specialists receives no commission on your purchase.)
*Subject to availability
It is SES' promise to Never Cancel a Class. Even if there is only 1 student registered, we will hold the class. To do this, we have some ground rules to ensure a pleasant and productive learning experience.
1) Be on Time. Lateness is not tolerated. If you will be more than 10 minutes late, you must reschedule. You will incur a $20.00 rescheduling fee.
2) Come prepared to do CPR. Dress comfortable-you will be on a carpeted floor performing CPR skills. Extra short or tight clothing may be too restrictive. CPR is physically demanding. If you cannot perform to standard, you will not be awarded a certification card.
3) Be prepared to read. If you need glasses to read, please bring them.
4) Classes are taught in English. If English is not your native language, please contact us prior to class. We will make every effort to supply written materials in a language you can read proficiently. Common requests include Spanish and French. Any requests made with les than 5 business days' notice may not be honored.
5) Registration is required prior to the class date. If you have not registered you are not on our roster.
6) We do not offer refunds. If you fail the course you may register and attend another course. You will pay full price for the course. If you cannot attend/no longer need the class, you may send someone else to take your spot. If you reschedule your class, you will be charged a $20.00 fee.
7) Only the person registered for the class may attend. Please do not bring guests or children. If you bring guests or children, you will be refused entry and will have to sign up for another class. You will be charged the $20.00 rescheduling fee.
8) Replacement Card Fee: If you need to replace a lost/damaged card, you will incur a fee of $25.00. We are not responsible for misprints, mail delivery issues etc...when reissuing a card.
9) Inclement weather policy: SES will hold every class, despite of the weather. If it is unsafe for your to travel and you call prior to the class start, we will allow you to attend another class offering without incurring the $20.00 fee.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS and has developed instructional materials for that purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the Association.