When

Friday, May 22, 2020 at 6:30 PM CDT
-to-
Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 5:00 PM CDT

Add to Calendar 

Where

Sitter Downs Arena 
11623 S Drinkwater Rd
Lone Jack, MO 64070
 

 
Driving Directions 

Contact

Phil Haugen 
Phil Haugen Horsemanship 
580-772-4296 
philhaugenhorsemanship@gmail.com 
 

Performance Horsemanship Clinic | Sitter Downs Arena | Lone Jack, MO | May 22-24, 2020 

Phil Haugen Horsemanship Clinics are designed to enhance fundamental horsemanship skills for a variety of disciplines, including: barrel racing, team roping, calf roping, penning, sorting, trail riding, and more.

Phil Haugen’s clinics cover the Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 exercises that are the foundation of his training program that has produced over $1,000,000 in Equistat earnings in the past decade.

Phil welcomes those students who have a “problem horse.” Everyone deals with challenges from time to time, and Phil is ready to teach you how to communicate effectively with your horse to resolve these issues.

Students can expect to learn and practice skills, such as:

- Lateral softness, vertical softness and collection
- Softness in the ribcage
- Eliminating stiffness and elevation of a horse’s head in a run
- Letting your horse move out naturally while maintaining proper collection
- Smooth stops, turnarounds, lead departures, and turns
- Controlling your horse’s hindquarters
- Setting your horse up for a lead change
- Building your horse’s confidence and reinforcing good habits with correct repetitions daily

Tuition: $465/student or $40/day to audit

Tuition Includes:

  • Two (2) Full Days of instruction with Phil Haugen
  • 20-Page Clinic Workbook
  • Phil Haugen Horsemanship apparel (for Riding Participants only)
  • Q&A Session with Phil following each day of instruction (for Audit-Only participants)

Clinic Schedule:

Meet & Greet/Registration - Friday, May 22 at 6:30pm
*If you can't make it to this portion of the clinic, don't worry! We'll get you taken care of first thing on Saturday morning.

Day 1 - Saturday, May 23rd starting at 9am; will break for lunch

Day 2 - Sunday, May 24th starting at 9am; will break for lunch

"In order to become the top 1%, you have to do what the other 99% won't."