Friday, March 13, 2020 at 6:30 PM CDT
Sunday, March 15, 2020 at 5:00 PM CDT

Add to Calendar 


Kuschel Arena 
Sebeka, MN 56477  



Phil Haugen 
Phil Haugen Horsemanship 

Advanced Horsemanship Clinic | Sebeka, MN | March 13-15, 2020 

Our riding spaces at this clinic are now FULL. If you would like to attend, you may select the "Audit-Only" option or select "Participant" to be added to our wait list. If a spot becomes available, those on the Wait List will be contacted and a $250 deposit will be required to confirm participation as a rider.

Phil Haugen Horsemanship Clinics are designed to enhance fundamental horsemanship skills for a variety of disciplines, including: barrel racing, team roping, calf roping, penning, sorting, trail riding, and more.

Phil Haugen’s clinics cover the Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 exercises that are the foundation of his training program that has produced over $1,000,000 in Equistat earnings in the past decade.

Phil welcomes those students who have a “problem horse.” Everyone deals with challenges from time to time, and Phil is ready to teach you how to communicate effectively with your horse to resolve these issues.

Students can expect to learn and practice skills, such as:

  - Lateral softness, vertical softness and collection

   - Softness in the ribcage

  - Eliminating stiffness and elevation of a horse’s head in a run

  - Letting your horse move out naturally while maintaining proper collection

  - Smooth stops, turnarounds, lead departures, and turns

  - Controlling your horse’s hindquarters

  - Setting your horse up for a lead change

  - Building your horse’s confidence and reinforcing good habits with correct repetitions daily

Tuition: $465/student or $100/day to audit

Clinic Schedule:

Meet & Greet/Registration - Friday, March 13th at 6:30pm
*If you can't make it to this portion of the clinic, don't worry! We'll get you taken care of first thing on Saturday morning.

Day 1 - Saturday, March 14th starting at 8am; will break for lunch

Day 2 - Sunday, March 15th starting at 8am; will break for lunch

"In order to become the top 1%, you have to do what the other 99% won't."