When

Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 8:00 AM CDT
-to-
Sunday, June 28, 2020 at 5:00 PM CDT

Add to Calendar 

Where

Western Iowa Expo 
800 IA-39
Denison, IA 51442
 

 
Driving Directions 

Contact

Phil Haugen 
Phil Haugen Horsemanship 
580-772-4296 
philhaugenhorsemanship@gmail.com 
 

Advanced Horsemanship Clinic | Denison, IA | June 27-28, 2020 

*NEW DATES* Rescheduled from April 25-26 to June 27-28
 
NOTE: Our riding spaces at this clinic are now FULL. If you would like to attend, please click the REGISTER NOW button below, and you may select the "Audit-Only" option or select "Participant" to be added to our wait list. If a spot becomes available, those on the Wait List will be contacted and a $250 deposit will be required to confirm participation as a rider.
 
"In order to become the top 1%, you have to do what the other 99% won't."

Phil Haugen Horsemanship Clinics are designed to enhance fundamental horsemanship skills for a variety of disciplines, including: barrel racing, team roping, calf roping, penning, sorting, trail riding, and more.

Phil Haugen’s clinics cover the Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 exercises that are the foundation of his training program that has produced over $1,000,000 in Equistat earnings in the past decade.

Phil welcomes those students who have a “problem horse.” Everyone deals with challenges from time to time, and Phil is ready to teach you how to communicate effectively with your horse to resolve these issues.

Students can expect to learn and practice skills, such as:

  - Lateral softness, vertical softness and collection

   - Softness in the ribcage

  - Eliminating stiffness and elevation of a horse’s head in a run

  - Letting your horse move out naturally while maintaining proper collection

  - Smooth stops, turnarounds, lead departures, and turns

  - Controlling your horse’s hindquarters

  - Setting your horse up for a lead change

  - Building your horse’s confidence and reinforcing good habits with correct repetitions daily

Tuition: $475/student or $100/day to audit

Clinic Schedule:

Saturday, June 27h - Meet & Greet/Registration starting at 8am followed by clinic instruction until 5pm. Breakfast and Lunch generously donated by Rockin King Tack.

Sunday, June 28th - Clinic Instruction from 8am-5pm. Breakfast and Lunch generously donated by Rockin King Tack.