When

Friday, April 10, 2020 at 8:00 AM CDT
-to-
Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 5:00 PM CDT

Add to Calendar 

Where

Redlands Arena 
9304 US-81
El Reno, OK 73036
 

 
Driving Directions 

Contact

Phil Haugen 
Phil Haugen Horsemanship 
580-772-4296 
philhaugenhorsemanship@gmail.com 
 

Horsemanship Clinic with Guest Instructor, Ashley Schafer | El Reno, OK | April 10-11, 2020 

NOTE: Our riding spaces at this clinic are now FULL. If you would like to attend, please click the REGISTER NOW button below, and you may select the "Audit-Only" option or select "Participant" to be added to our wait list. If a spot becomes available, those on the Wait List will be contacted and a $250 deposit will be required to confirm participation as a rider.

Phil Haugen Horsemanship Clinics are designed to enhance fundamental horsemanship skills for a variety of disciplines, including: barrel racing, team roping, calf roping, penning, sorting, trail riding, and more.

Phil Haugen’s clinics cover the Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 exercises that are the foundation of his training program that has produced over $1,000,000 in Equistat earnings in the past decade.

Phil welcomes those students who have a “problem horse.” Everyone deals with challenges from time to time, and Phil is ready to teach you how to communicate effectively with your horse to resolve these issues.

Students can expect to learn and practice skills, such as:
- Lateral softness, vertical softness and collection
- Softness in the ribcage
- Eliminating stiffness and elevation of a horse’s head in a run
- Letting your horse move out naturally while maintaining proper collection
- Smooth stops, turnarounds, lead departures, and turns
- Controlling your horse’s hindquarters
- Setting your horse up for a lead change
- Building your horse’s confidence and reinforcing good habits with correct repetitions daily

Phil Haugen is teaming up with Professional Barrel Futurity Horse Trainer, Ashley Schafer, to provide a clinic experience focused on performance, consistency, and longevity. As an RFDTV American qualifier with multiple Futurity, Derby, and Rodeo Championships, Ashley has accumulated over $800,000 in Equistat earnings throughout her career. 

Tuition: $500/student or $100/day to audit

Clinic Schedule:

Day 1 - Friday, April 10th starting with Meet & Greet/Registration at 8am; will break for lunch

Day 2 - Saturday, April 11th starting at 8am; will break for lunch

"In order to become the top 1%, you have to do what the other 99% won't."