Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 8:00 AM CDT
Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 5:00 PM CDT

Add to Calendar 


Diamond F Arena 
5835 Old Seguin Luling Rd
Seguin, TX 78155

Driving Directions 


Phil Haugen 
Phil Haugen Horsemanship 

Advanced Horsemanship Clinic | Seguin, TX | May 30-31, 2020 

NOTE: Our riding spaces at this clinic are now FULL. If you would like to attend, please click the REGISTER NOW button below, and you may select the "Audit-Only" option or select "Participant" to be added to our wait list. If a spot becomes available, those on the Wait List will be contacted and a $250 deposit will be required to confirm participation as a rider.

Phil Haugen Horsemanship Clinics are designed to enhance fundamental horsemanship skills for a variety of disciplines, including: barrel racing, team roping, calf roping, penning, sorting, trail riding, and more.

Phil Haugen’s clinics cover the Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 exercises that are the foundation of his training program that has produced over $1,000,000 in Equistat earnings in the past decade.

Phil welcomes those students who have a “problem horse.” Everyone deals with challenges from time to time, and Phil is ready to teach you how to communicate effectively with your horse to resolve these issues.

Students can expect to learn and practice skills, such as:

   - Lateral softness, vertical softness and collection

  - Softness in the ribcage

  - Eliminating stiffness and elevation of a horse’s head in a run

  - Letting your horse move out naturally while maintaining proper collection

  - Smooth stops, turnarounds, lead departures, and turns

  - Controlling your horse’s hindquarters

  - Setting your horse up for a lead change

  - Building your horse’s confidence and reinforcing good habits with correct repetitions daily

Producer: Banditas Barrel Racing

Tuition: $465/student or $100/day to audit

Stalls/Hookups: Stall and hookup reservations may be made by contacting Dorothy at 830-660-2099. Stalls and hookups are $20/day.

Clinic Schedule:

Friday, May 29th - Meet & Greet/Registration starting at 6:30pm
*If you cannot attend this session, don't worry! We'll get you taken care of first thing on Saturday morning. 

Saturday, May 30th - Clinic Instruction from 8am-5pm

Sunday, May 31st - Clinic Instruction from 8am-5pm

"In order to become the top 1%, you have to do what the other 99% won't."