Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 8:00 AM MDT
Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 5:00 PM MDT

Add to Calendar 


Circle T Arena 
14446 Daughenbaugh Road
Hermosa, SD 57744

Driving Directions 

Advanced Horsemanship Clinic | Hermosa, SD | July 11-12, 2020 

Phil Haugen Horsemanship Clinics are designed to enhance fundamental horsemanship skills for a variety of disciplines, including: barrel racing, team roping, calf roping, penning, sorting, trail riding, and more.

Phil Haugen’s clinics cover the Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 exercises that are the foundation of his training program that has produced over $1,000,000 in Equistat earnings in the past decade.

Phil welcomes those students who have a “problem horse.” Everyone deals with challenges from time to time, and Phil is ready to teach you how to communicate effectively with your horse to resolve these issues.

Students can expect to learn and practice skills, such as:

  - Lateral softness, vertical softness and collection

   - Softness in the ribcage

  - Eliminating stiffness and elevation of a horse’s head in a run

  - Letting your horse move out naturally while maintaining proper collection

  - Smooth stops, turnarounds, lead departures, and turns

  - Controlling your horse’s hindquarters

  - Setting your horse up for a lead change

  - Building your horse’s confidence and reinforcing good habits with correct repetitions daily

Tuition: $465/student or $100/day to audit

Clinic Schedule:

Saturday, July 11th - Meet & Greet/Registration starting at 8am followed by Clinic Instruction until 5pm. 

Sunday, July 12th - Clinic Instruction beginning at 9am.

"In order to become the top 1%, you have to do what the other 99% won't."