Saturday, August 22, 2020 at 8:00 AM MDT
Sunday, August 23, 2020 at 5:00 PM MDT

Add to Calendar 


Saddle Mountain Ranch 
23760 W US Hwy 40
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487

Driving Directions 


Phil Haugen 
Phil Haugen Horsemanship 

Advanced Horsemanship Clinic | Steamboat Springs, CO | August 22-23, 2020 

Phil Haugen Horsemanship Clinics are designed to enhance fundamental horsemanship skills for a variety of disciplines, including: barrel racing, team roping, calf roping, penning, sorting, trail riding, and more.

Phil Haugen’s clinics cover the Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 exercises that are the foundation of his training program that has produced over $1,000,000 in Equistat earnings in the past decade.

Phil welcomes those students who have a “problem horse.” Everyone deals with challenges from time to time, and Phil is ready to teach you how to communicate effectively with your horse to resolve these issues.

Students can expect to learn and practice skills, such as:

  - Lateral softness, vertical softness and collection

    - Softness in the ribcage

  - Eliminating stiffness and elevation of a horse’s head in a run

  - Letting your horse move out naturally while maintaining proper collection

  - Smooth stops, turnarounds, lead departures, and turns

  - Controlling your horse’s hindquarters

  - Setting your horse up for a lead change

  - Building your horse’s confidence and reinforcing good habits with correct repetitions daily

Tuition: $500/student or $100/day to audit

Tuition Includes:

  • Two Full Days of Instruction with Phil Haugen
  • Foundations Workbook
  • Swag Bag with items from our event sponsors

Clinic Schedule:
Saturday, August 22nd 
8:00am - Clinic Registration
8:30am - 5:00pm - Clinic Instruction; will break for lunch

Sunday, August 23rd
8:00am - 5:00pm - Clinic Instruction; will break for lunch

Stall & Hookup Information:

To reserve stalls/pens, please contact Briana Bailey at 970-389-4597. Stalls are $20/night and pens are $15/night. Hookups are available 1 mile from Saddle Mountain Ranch at Eagle Soaring Campground: http://www.eaglesoaringrvpark.com.

"In order to become the top 1%, you have to do what the other 99% won't."