Who's Eating Your Garden... If not you then who?
This is the second gardening class in the summer series offered by the Post & Beam Garden Club and HGEL. This class gives you a fun introduction to organic pest control and an overview of how to fertilize organically and responsibly. Held on the patio at Post & Beam restaurant, this event offers:
- a class with master gardener, horticulturist and restaurant grower, Geri Miller discussing organic pest control & fertilizing strategies including:
- how to control what you can control: knowing the cultural requirements of your edibles
- beneficial insects: how to attract them and use them
- how to use an IPM strategy & using organic pesticides only sparingly
- overview of using organic fertilizers responsibly
- a 'hands-on' session in the P&B garden. You'll join in the pest and disease 'safari' and learn to side-dress growing plants with fertilizer
- a P&B lunch on the patio
- a take-home gift of an edible plant for your garden plus a sample of organic fertilizer.