2016 Splicing Workshop - 7th Annual Fids and Fibers By the Fireside - Earn 25 ISA & CTSP Credits - CLASS FULL CONTACT HEATHER LEFF TO BE PLACED ON THE WAITLIST
This is a three day non-stop, action packed, hands-on arborist rope splicing training.
We will cover the most common rope products in our industry, from hollow-braid to
double-braid to 24-strand to rigging & rope tools. How to identify it, inspect it and
expand your mind with what can be made from it!
Our goal is to make you a safer, more productive arborist by increasing your
awareness of professionally spliced tools. Remember the ANSI Z133 makes your
safety your responsibility. Isn’t it time you spent a couple of days becoming
intimately familiar with the tools that you trust your life with every day?
What can you expect to get out of this class?
- Expert instruction from seasoned tree care company owner, Mark Przekurat of Renaissance Acres Tree Care, seasoned splicer, Bear LeVangie and expert splicer from Shelter Tree Care Products, Jim Fiorentino.
- You will walk away with a thorough understanding of how and why splices work, how to inspect your splices and how and why rope tools fail
- Printed splicing instruction manuals will be provided to all attendees.
- You will gain the hands-on experience of creating your own, professional, safe splices. This is a valuable skill that gives you more control over your work environment by allowing you to create your own custom tools to accomplish your work safer and more efficiently. You will be working with hollow braid, 16-strand, 24-strand and high-modulus fibers.
- You will receive you own rope for splicing and hardware for rope tools
- Your sample splice will be sent out for destruction testing and the results will be e-mailed to you
- A beginner's splicing tool-kit will be available for purchase
- Hardware (biners, snaps, rings, etc.) will be available for purchase
- Meet new people and swap ideas with other splice-happy, like-minded climbers
- On-site lodging is included and available as early as Thursday, at 12pm, and is available Friday and Saturday
- Please bring sleeping bag, pillow, sleeping pad, towel and, because this is a minimum-waste event, think camping and bring your own plate, silverware and hot and cold cup.
- Breakfast and lunch are included and provided onsite to allow more splicing time
- Dinner will be your responsibility for Thursday and Friday (there is an excellent gourmet pizza place close-by). A home-style meal will be served on Saturday night.
- Workshop questions? Contact Mark Przekurat at 603-529-0874
- Registration questions? Contact Heather Leff at 978-844-0441
Schedule of Events
- Thursday: Flexible check-in after 12pm (please contact Mark 613-529-0874 to let him know when you will arrive)
- Friday: 7:30am-5pm - Splicing Instruction
- Saturday: 8am-5pm - Splicing Instruction
- Sunday: 8:am-3pm - Finishing your projects
- New England Chapter ISA
- Renaissance Acres Tree Care
- Shelter Tree Care Products
- To become a sponsor contact Heather at 978-844-0441
GET EARLY BIRD PRICING UNTIL FEBRUARY 12, 2016!
MEMBER - $375 NON-MEMBER $410.00 ($25 MORE AFTER 2/12!)