Friday February 24, 2012
- 8:30 AM to 9:00 AM Registration Open
- 9:00 AM to 12:15 PM Formal Program
- 12:15 - 1:00 PM Networking Luncheon
Danforth Plant Science Center 975 North Warson Road
Saint Louis, MO 63132-2918Driving Directions
Please direct questions & requests for Individual Feedback Appointments to:
Missouri Foundation for Health
Missouri Health Data Summit:
Improving Health through Innovative Data Utilization
How can Missouri take advantage of health data toimprove services
and the health of our communities?
What new business concepts are emerging?
How are researchers applying health data to specific community concerns?
Join local technology companies, researchers, health and consumer advocates, employers, media, and health care providers for an update on the Health Data Initiative and discussion on how to better use health data in Missouri. The creative use of this data has the potential to boost community health, improve health care delivery, and lower health care costs. Emphasis will be placed on innovative uses of the data in public, private, and academic settings, such as:
- Creating web and smart phone applications to help consumers navigate complex information and make informed health and wellness choices;
- Assisting health professionals in managing patients' care plans through information dashboards, practice management tools, analytic tools, etc.;
- Helping community leaders identify patterns to inform decisions about location of services; and
- Inventing digital knowledge systems that aid health plans and providers to create personalized patient management care coordination programs.
Participants are invited to stay for networking over an informal luncheon.