Albuquerque Hospitals and Skilled Nursing Facilities
Our next meeting for the Care Transitions: Albuquerque Hospitals and SNFs Collaborative is on Thursday, July 9 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Please register to confirm your attendance.
- Hospital leadership (case/care management staff, quality teams)
- SNF Leadership (medical directors, administrators, directors of nursing)
Goal and Objectives:
To have skilled nursing facilities and Albuquerque hospitals work collaboratively to improve communication, continuity of care, staff competency and consistency of processes.
By the end of this meeting, the group will:
- Plan next steps on the skilled nursing facility capability checklist and its intervention to improve transitions of care for this group
- Identify best practices from the SNFs perspective on an intervention to ensure safe transitions of care and reduce the risk of Emergency Department (ED) visits and 30-day hospital readmissions.
- Identify training needs of the group to improve communication and consistency of processes across care settings.
A light lunch will be provided.