Waterfront Visions 2050
WATERFRONT VISIONS:2050, a symposium and exhibition, addresses the adaptation imposed by sea-level rise on the Portland Waterfront and offers design solutions for its future development.
WATERFRONT VISIONS:2050 follows SUSTAINABLE PORTLAND 2030! HOW DO WE GET THERE? and RISING TIDES, as the third in a series of programs presented by PSA focusing on sustainability and sea-level rise.
WATERFRONT VISIONS: 2050 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
NOVEMBER 1- DECEMBER 21, 2013
THE EXHIBITION AT SPACE GALLERY.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 7thSYMPOSIUM – OCEAN GATEWAY TERMINAL
- Maps of the peninsula document progressive inundation by rising waters, providing background and context for the program
- Presentation of bold visions for future waterfront development form a compelling montage of Portland‘s Waterfront: Past, Present and Future
4:30-7PM (doors open at 4:00)
- PRESENTATIONS AND RECEPTION
- THE ECONOMIC IMPACT OF SEA-LEVEL RISE AND STORM SURGE ON THE PORTLAND WATERFRONT – Jonathan Lockman, AICP, Vice President, Catalysis Adaptation Partners
- SUSANNAH C. DRAKE, PRINCIPAL, dland Studios, architect and landscape architect specializing in the adaptation of shorelines to climate change
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 8
ANTICIPATING SEA LEVEL RISE: DESIGNING PORTLAND’S WATERFRONT FOR THE FUTURE : VISIONING WORKSHOPS AT SPACE GALLERY
- Roundtables of symposium participants facilitated by designers, planners, engineers and developers, consider adaptation plans for each section of the waterfront
- Graphic representations of roundtable concept designs for the future to be developed and incorporated into the WATERFRONT VISIONS: 2050 Exhibition at SPACE gallery
FUNDING FOR WATERFRONT VISIONS:2050 IS PROVIDED BY A GRANT FROM THE QUIMBY FAMILY FOUNDATION
PSA THANKS OUR COLLABORATORS:
-THE CITY OF PORTLAND FOR ITS SPONSORSHIP DONATION OF THE OCEAN GATEWAY TERMINAL AS VENUE FOR THE SYMPOSIUM PRESENTATIONS
-SPACE GALLERY FOR CURATORIAL GUIDANCE AND INSTALLATION OF THE EXHIBITION